(AYEP44) I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME: AUNTIE YONNY EPISODE 44 A FEATHER IN HIS HAT


I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME

(Intermittent Waves Recorded From The Transformed Heart Of A Woman)

AUNTIE YONNY EPISODE 44

A FEATHER IN HIS HAT


"It-it was a little boy." 

"What did he look like?"

"Oh, I don't know, I was busy. He was just a kid about this tall."

The police officer became a little agitated.

"Ma'am, this is very important. Did you notice anything about the boy? Was he white or black? What was he wearing?"

"He was white, I guess, and he had on a t-shirt and a baseball cap. -Blue shirt, tan colored cap with something on it--a bird I think."

Just then, Jake, Rahid, and another security guard, were getting off the elevator, dragging a child along with them. The nurse's eyes widened, having spied the child, as the elevator doors were opening.

"THERE! THAT'S HIM!"

The police officer turned around, as the reluctant child was paraded before him. Jake presented the child to the officer.

"We found him in the gift shop with a big fat C-note, just about ready to treat himself to a second Christmas and a sack full of candy and toys. He says that he doesn't know the man who gave him the box of flowers. He hired him to deliver them to room 502. He says that's all he knows."

The police woman took the boy to the side to try and get a description of the man who had given him the flowers. The boy was scared and uncooperative.

"What's your name, kid?"

"Justin!"

"Do you live around here?"

"Yeah, what's it to you?"

"Listen, don't smart mouth me kid, or I'll take you down to juvie and have you locked up. I'm just trying to help somebody here who you helped to threaten."

"I didn't threaten nobody!"

"Well, cooperate with me, or tell that to the judge down at juvenile hall. Who gave you one hundred dollars to deliver the package?"

"I don't know, just some man outside. I was just walking, minding my own business, when he flashed the money in front of my face. I thought he was some pervert, so, I kept walking. But, he whistled and asked me to come back, and told me he just wanted me to deliver a package in the hospital, because he didn't have time."

"What did he look like? Was he tall, short, medium height, white, black, other?"

"I guess he was kind of medium height and he was white. He was wearing one of those coats like spies wear..."

"A trench coat?"

"Yeah, a trench coat, and one of those old fashioned hats with feathers going part way around it. He was leaning against a silver car, uh...that new loaded Japanese model that came out last year, the ZZ5000."

"So, you know cars, huh, Justin?"

"Yeah, I sure do know cars. My dad works on them and he's teaching me how to fix them, too!"

"Well, Justin, did you notice any custom finishes on this car?"

Justin looked up at the ceiling, thinking, then, snapped his finger.

"The grill! And the bumpers were custom made, too! You know...gangster style, with gold accents and bigger than the standard size, with matching rims."

"Thanks, Justin. You've been a big help!"

"Can I go now?"

"Well, we're going to have to take you home to your parents so we can get more information about how to contact you, in case we need you to identify the man who gave you the package. Don't worry, we'll explain everything to your parents. But, don't stop for strangers anymore and definitely don't take any money from them for any reason. Okay, Justin?"

"Okay, but, can I keep the money this time?"

"That's up to your parents, Justin. Now, I'm going to have the security guard take you down to his office, until I contact my department and give them some information. I may not be the one taking you home, but, I'll ask my boss, if I can."

"Am I going to be arrested, officer, and go to juvenile detention?"

The officer laughed.

"No, son. You can be proud of yourself for doing the right thing and cooperating with the police to help catch this suspect, but, don't forget what I told you. Stay away from strangers, unless your parents are with you and say that it's okay, and don't get involved with the wrong type of people. Stay off of the streets and help your mom and dad."

The police officer called in her information, so that other police officers could be alerted to a description of the suspect, then, went back to Rachel's room, where her partner was finishing up statements and getting contact information from everyone.

"Wade, I talked to the kid who dropped off the package and got a lead on the man who gave it to him and the car he was driving. I called it in. Anything new, here?"

"Well, it looks like this involves some important people with lots of money and dangerous connections. We've got our work cut out for us."

"I know. The kid said the suspect was wearing a fedora with feathers part way around it. This guy, whoever he is, is a killer, looking for more victims, so that he can add some more feathers to his hat. This is a hired professional hit man. These people, along with that kid, and his family, are going to need protection."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YCCM YOU CAN'T CHANGE ME: Unraveling the Lie Part 4 DETAILS NOTHING COMES FROM NOTHING

AN EXPECTED END

PRAYER AND PROCLAMATION