(IHEAM:CH5) I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME Chapter 5 LOVING JESUS: LIFE AFTER REBIRTH



CLICK PLAY FOR THE AUDIO VERSION 
(An audio version has been added to assist those with disabilities) 



******************************************************

I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME

 Chapter 5

LOVING JESUS: LIFE AFTER REBIRTH


John 8:42 (KJV)
Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

 Over the past few days, I've been in limbo, as if God has pressed pause and I am unable to make a decisive move. During these times of waiting on the Lord, I can begin to pay too much attention to myself. I begin to self-analyze and mentally dissect my mind and my behavior. Asking myself questions such as, why am I not doing this or why am I not doing that?

If I listen to myself and answer my own questions, it can be disastrous, because, my answers tend to be based on negativity and self-persecution.

For instance, I might ask, "What am I afraid of or is it fear? Is it laziness? What is it that I am allowing to stand in my way that keeps me from the goodness, the health, the wealth, the love, the promise of abundant and eternal life that God wants for me?

If it were just laziness, it would not account for me doing the things that I want to do when I want to do them. No, there is more to it. Has the devil blinded me so that I am completely unable to see that which binds me? Then, that would say that there is no GREATER power within me to overcome it and I know that not to be true. So, I cannot put the blame on anything or anyone else. It must be ME! 

Well, then, it is me and I have the Almighty, powerful God within me. Then, do I really BELIEVE in that power? Do I utilize that power? NO! Not in every instance, because, I want to have control. The problem lies in my UNBELIEF! Otherwise, I would surrender. Why do I believe I can make the better choice or decision pertaining to particular areas of my life?

Whether, it is a problem with exercising daily, eating healthy, getting adequate sleep or maintaining a schedule or a clean and organized environment, God wants to be part of my life, to fulfill His promise of an abundant and eternal life. At what point am I going to surrender ALL and let Him COMPLETELY reign over my life? It is not going to work if I let Him have it one day and take it back the next day. I have a responsibility in this relationship and a responsibility to the Body.

His power is within me, but the problem lies in my failure to utilize that power. --But, WHY? Why would I do this to myself? Do I want to LIVE? --And, do I want to live ABUNDANTLY? How do I CONNECT the two? My FLESH is WEAK!!! JESUS!!! Jesus HELP ME!

Finally, I come to the RIGHT train of thought! Yes, that is the answer! --That is the 'missing link'! Jesus! I am not abiding in Jesus. When I am looking for the gate to walk through, the door to open to connect me with the power of God, when I am too weak to stand, decide, or defend myself, I need only to look to Jesus.



The state of mind I was in, this condition of wandering aimlessly and subjecting myself to denigrating, verbal self-abuse already has a prescribed answer and solution. One would think that we as Believers would never forget that Jesus is the answer for the world today.

However, my eyes had been on self, instead of Jesus. Yet, I wasn't aware of detaching myself and did not perceive myself to be in any type of danger or disadvantage.  My mind was on a one track path, the wrong path, as the adversary would have it, because I was not focused on the center of my joy and the Mind of Christ. I allowed myself to be sent on a wild goose chase by my wandering mind.

There I was, looking into my own mind for answers, BLAMING myself for my WEAKNESS, wallowing in self-pity, going in circles, treading hopelessly on a never-ending treadmill, perhaps ready to act off of misinformation.

Of course, the adversary knew it would get me nowhere, because I was placing faith in myself, alone. There I was frolicking around in my mind, surrounded by the carnal world, cutting myself off from the power and blessings of God that would keep me from sin. I was denying myself the rights as a citizen of the Kingdom. So, God decided to just keep...waiting, until I came back around and noticed Him.

POWER, wonder-working power, that is given to us because of the precious blood that Jesus shed for us. How quickly our feet falter and stray from the right path, when we take our eyes off of Jesus. How quickly we sink into the depths of darkness in the world and lose sight of the Kingdom. 

So, what must we do to keep our eyes on Jesus and follow Him? What must we do to keep the Mind of Christ? I am convinced that we must continually deny self ...dying to self, understanding that we are NOT ALONE! Just as we breathe, it must become automatic, spontaneous, a somewhat involuntary reflex, stimulated by something within us. We must get use to being with God, walking and talking with Him, throughout the day, acknowledging His presence within and through us. Any ifs, ands, or buts are clear indication of our wanting to control our own lives and refusing to surrender. It is UNBELIEF! Jesus increase our FAITH! Let us not be as those of the world!

However, although we are spiritual beings, we ALL will be effected by our humanness that is connected to our flesh, and although we are no longer OF the world, we are still exposed to situations within the world that require us to make choices and decisions that affect our well-being. We will make mistakes!

It can be difficult learning to exercise our new rights, use our NEW MIND, and remember that WE ARE NOT ALONE! Please don't beat yourself up, feeling that you have failed and you're a terrible Disciple and Child of God. God understands, which is why He gave us Jesus and a Helper. Remember, God NEVER FAILS! As long as you abide in Him, He will not let you fail in that which He has planned for you.

When we know what we should be doing and we don't do it because we don't believe we can overcome our mind or feelings, then, it is our unbelief and unwillingness to SURRENDER ALL to God, who only wants GOOD things for His children. 

When I forget that I am not alone and have bypassed the Mind of Christ, I can find myself having made a bad or wrong choice and the consequences I face are of my own doing. So, is there an assured METHOD to make me choose God EVERY TIME? NO! --Because, God is still a god of freewill.

However, there is BLESSED ASSURANCE in Christ Jesus! And, there we stand at the beginning of the first choice we must make. We know we cannot make this journey by ourselves. We've tried to go it alone and we know the mistakes we have made. The road is not easy by ourselves. There are pitfalls and snares along the way. It is up to us to keep that connection with Jesus, following Him, in order to have the desired connection with GOD, our Father.

What have I left out of this debate or analysis? What have I gone all over the place to finally arrive at? What is the missing equation or missing factor that determines all the rest? What has God given us to aid us, knowing our weaknesses and fleshly dilemma? BLESSED BE THE TIE THAT BINDS US TOGETHER! It is that which He gives unto us each and every moment of our lives--UNCONDITIONAL, PERFECT LOVE!

Love for Jesus keeps us following, resisting, and persisting within the world, and pursuing a relationship with Our Father!

Sinners do you LOVE my Jesus? Saints do you LOVE my Jesus?

Jesus knew that had Peter had the love within him, whereby Jesus loved him, he would not have betrayed Him. At that time, Peter had not been made perfect in love, for perfect love cast out fear. Succumbing to fear of man and the world, Peter betrayed Christ.

So, my Brothers and Sisters, if we are indeed SAINTS--Holy, within that holiness is GOD'S LOVE. We have come to RECOGNIZE God's Love in Christ Jesus. Through that recognition our heart--our spirit is drawn to that which sustains it--the Love of God. This is much more than simply falling in love, for if one thinks of themselves as falling or succumbing to love, how quickly one can fall out of love. No, to love Jesus, our Lord and Savior as God loves is not to fall, but to RISE TO A HEAVENLY STATE OF MIND that prevents and keeps us from FALLING into sin. To love Jesus is to mount up on eagle's wings and soar above that which tries to diminish us and attempt to pull us down into eternal darkness, death, and damnation. 

Many people of the world rebelliously say that they do not fear hell and damnation, but how can one fear that which they have no real knowledge of? It is no great feat or sign of courage, rebellion, disdain, independence, self-sustainability, or higher, or superior intellect, not to FEAR hell. The transparency in that statement shows an inability to LOVE LIFE! Therein, will I leave it for all to ponder and meditate upon. 

LOVE is the common denominator for the existence of man and the universe and that love comes from God. If one does not know God or His Love, how can one make a decision about hell? Their lack of love for all men and God proves that man's love is like evaporating water. It can change direction like the wind. You cannot build upon it less the building collapse and fall. It chooses to help one and refuses to help another.




Children, we need Jesus to teach us the Love of God and through God's Holy Spirit, be perfect in Love. I can choose to do what is right for me and others if I take my mind off of self and surrender to the Mind of Christ. That choice to surrender comes not because of what I want to achieve or acquire, but from a heart that LOVES JESUS as He loves me. The Shepherd calls to us, asking "Do you love me more than these?" What will be your answer?

I asked my Father, "If I am to keep my eyes on Jesus, how do I see Jesus in MY life? How do I come to LOVE Him? What makes me a Saint and puts me on the path to Holiness?"

"The answer is A CHANGE--a change that has come over you, my daughter through rebirth. A washed heart and the feeling that lets you know you are forgiven."


A CHANGE. I didn't quite understand it at first. It sounded too simple. I remember singing a song about a change coming over me, but, did I really understand the words? What was this "change" that He was talking about as a result of rebirth?

Then, I felt it; the feeling that replaced the negativity when I shifted from relying on my own thoughts, to talking with God. There within me is a heart that has been changed, washed and cleansed, where God abides--a heart that truly ACCEPTS Jesus, because it is filled with God's Holy Spirit and thereby comes to know and be perfected in God's Love. There within is the One--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. There within,  I rest and find clarity and certainty. There within, is He who is Holy, therefore, I must strive to be Holy, a Saint.
 
"Thank you, Father.  Then, figuratively speaking, we keep the eyes of our heart (spirit) upon Jesus, with Jesus being at the center of our heart, because we treasure and love Him as He loves us. We want to become like Him, because He is the epitome of that which we love and thirst for--Holiness and Righteousness. He is the epitome of the perfect man in the image of God. If we love Jesus, then, we will love You, and obey You, as did Jesus."

In my heart, I see and love Jesus. My mind surrenders to His thoughts, so that in my life, I am able to set my eyes on that which is Holy and Righteous, those things which my Father would have for me to keep me healthy mentally, physically, and spiritually, to do His Will and to live abundantly.

"So much depends on my loving Jesus, Father. Is this why you spend so much time in perfecting my love?"

"Yes, that your heart will not be polluted by the world and the taste of holiness and righteousness be driven from you; That the same love I have for you, you will espouse in your love for your brother and to all mankind."

"Oh, Father sometimes I feel that I'm so far from you within this world."

"That is because you place yourself far from me. I am here--always."

"I know, but I must know that I know--always."

After, I finally reconnected with God, I realized that my painstaking waiting period, was time out for clean-up inside of me. God had to press pause from the control panel because He detected something out of sync with my mind, body and spirit. He knew that sooner or later, I'd come around to acknowledging Him and asking what I needed to know to get started in the right direction again.

After rebirth, as you live your abundant and eternal life, you too will have times of uncertainty, or that lack clarity due to stress, trauma, sickness, grief, etc. God doesn't want you to be alone. He may be waiting to get your attention. Perhaps, He will press pause, reset, or maybe even rewind, in other words, make you wait or start over, until you recognize that you are not alone. You don't have to go through trials and temptations by yourself. You don't have to resist and persist by yourself. You don't have to fight by yourself. You don't have to take this journey and travel... by yourself.

You are One with the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, and the Body of Christ. You are never alone! It is a wonderful gift to have Christ in your life and God who will never leave you alone! We must move past thinking of God as just being a part of our life or existing only in the heavenly and truly accept Him as the Head of our life and our All-in-All, dwelling within us.




In good times and in bad times we need to stay connected to God by reminding ourselves of not only how much He loves US, but How much we love HIM, also. We learn to know and feel that love through Jesus, who first loved us. Whatever, we ask in Jesus' name, the Father will provide, if it is within His Will for us. We can live each moment with God, loving and praying unceasingly, if we learn to love God through He who IS the Word and character of God, Yeshua (Christ Jesus).

It doesn't hurt to CALL UPON HIS NAME, when the storms of life are raging! However, even more, EVERYDAY, it helps to just SPEAK His name in LOVE to keep your eyes upon Him and stay connected, following Him, letting Him guide you in obeying the Will and Way of Our Father. If we are to live abundantly, eternally, it is our abundant and perfect love for Jesus that will bind us to the One, who has made us Whole and keeps us in Perfect Submission! 


Your servant and soldier, united with the One

mishael
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


SELF REFLECTION: A Look in the Mirror

Once again, when we look at Jesus' parables, He is challenging us to examine where our heart lies. Closely examining your heart, answer the following questions.

DISCUSS your answers with a mature Believer who can guide you in your spiritual relationship with Jesus and our Father, and/or have group discussions to learn from those who have different experiences and perspectives.

QUESTIONS: Write down your questions and discuss them with a mature Believer or submit them to:


https://fsasw.blogspot.com

  1. Do you love Jesus? How do you know?
  2. Do you do things because of your love for someone or your family (work, run errands for someone, take care of someone, keep a pet, etc.)?
  3. Are you abiding in Jesus as you go about your day? Is Jesus with you helping you?
  4. What do you do because you love Jesus? How do you help Jesus? 
  5. Do you feel that there is no place for Jesus in your workplace, school, or when you go to entertainment, or entertain? Why or why not?
  6. Does Jesus leave you out or behind?
  7. Do you really LOVE Jesus UNCONDITIONALLY?
  8. If you are feeling lost, distressed, stressed, hurt, confused, angry, etc., do you call upon Jesus? 
  9. Do you need Jesus if you are happy or content?
  10. Do you need to stay connected to God? Can you separate Jesus from God?
  11. Many people criticize or condemn religions because they do not recognize Jesus as the Son of God and their Savior. Can these religions separate, set apart, or tear Jesus from God?
  12. What separates you from Jesus and God?
  13. Have you been perfected in love?
  14. Have you been reborn through God's Holy Spirit? 
  15. How do you keep your eyes on Jesus? 
  16. Is it difficult for you to keep your eyes on Jesus? When? Why?
  17. What do you do when it's difficult for you to keep your eyes on Jesus? 
  18. Will an unclean heart take your eyes off of Jesus? 
  19. Will unbelief take your eyes off of Jesus? 
  20. Have you asked God to increase your faith? Has it happened? 
  21. Is Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith? 
  22. Then, do we need to totally accept Jesus into our heart to have our faith increased? 
  23. Has your appetite changed as a result of rebirth, meaning you have a new mind and hunger for holiness and righteousness? 
  24. Has your change allowed you to see the character of God in Jesus? 
  25. Can you see and feel Jesus' love for all of us?
  26. If we fail to keep our eyes upon Jesus and sink, fall, or betray Jesus, as Peter did, do we need to reevaluate our love for Jesus? 
  27. Do you love Jesus unconditionally? Do you love Jesus more than that which is in the world?  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SCRIPTURE REFERENCES


John 8 (KJV)

1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.

2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.

14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

20 These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.

21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.

23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?

49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YCCM YOU CAN'T CHANGE ME: Unraveling the Lie Part 4 DETAILS NOTHING COMES FROM NOTHING

AN EXPECTED END

PRAYER AND PROCLAMATION