(AYEP33PT4) I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME: AUNTIE YONNY EPISODE 33 SINS OF THE FATHER Part 4



 

 

I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME

(Intermittent Waves Recorded From The Transformed Heart Of A Woman)

AUNTIE YONNY EPISODE 33 

SINS OF THE FATHER Part 4

 

"Dad, I got here as soon as I could. We couldn't find you. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, son."

"We're going to get you out of here and we're making sure that you get your medication right away."

"I'm not leaving."

"What? What do you mean you're not leaving?"

"I can't leave. I'm innocent. I didn't do anything."

"Well, we'll get good lawyers to represent you and prove it."

"No, I'm protesting."

"Protesting?! What do you mean you're protesting?!"

"I'm staying right here until I'm proven innocent."

"Why...why are you doing this to me, Dad? I don't need this right now. I've got enough to take care of."

"I'm not doing this to you, Son. They did this to me. I'm innocent. Two little white boys hit the police with water bottles.  A police officer turned around and spotted the first Black man in the crowd and blamed it on me."

"You planned this all along didn't you? That's why you keep going to these protest marches."

"No, Son, I didn't want to get arrested. I was protesting peacefully. It just happened. I was racially profiled. But, now that it's happened, I'm going to make it mean something. I want the whole world to know that Derek Grave's Black cousin was protesting against him and he was racially profiled and falsely arrested. I want them to see how Black men are still treated in America, so, sacrifices have to be made. This is my sacrifice, so, I'm staying in jail."

"SACRIFICES?! What makes you think you get to choose what and who gets sacrificed?!"

"I didn't choose this, God did. He allowed it to happen for a reason."

 "Everybody was out there looking for you, Sam, Jake, Steve and their men and now you want to stay in jail? Your nurse, Carolyn was practically trampled to death in a riot that YOU started!"

"I didn't start the riot! People were trying to protect me!"

"You're charged with resisting arrest!"

"They were pulling me away from the police and out of the police van! What was I supposed to do?"

"You've got an excuse for everything except why you were there in the first place endangering other people's lives."

"I was doing it for my grandchildren, for you, and for everybody else!"

"NO, what you are doing is disrupting MY life!  Okay, you want to make a difference and save the world?! Dad, we've been fighting racism for how long and it doesn't stop or go away? IT NEVER WILL! "

"But, that doesn't mean we stop fighting, Son! You can't give up! EVER! Why do you think THEY never stop oppressing and killing us? Because, they KNOW that they can't win!!"

"Well, I just wish you cared as much about my life right now!"

"Your life is not all about you, Son. That's your whole problem right now. Until, you can see that, you won't have to worry about me sending you to an early grave, because, all that money will. You'll either be dead inside, spiritually, or, six feet under the ground."

"Who are you? You used to not be like this. I'm beginning to think I never knew you."

"I feel the same way about you, Son."

"Huh...is that right?! Well, I'm not the one getting arrested and behind bars right now. Am I supposed to be the adult in the household now, while you spend your time acting like a child?"

"Son, listen..."

"No, you listen, Dad. I'm through! I'm the one who's going to end up dead worrying about YOU!"

"Son..."

"I'm not finished! You know...when...when they told me you were sneaking around meeting some woman, I said, okay. I'll leave it alone. He's a grown man and he deserves some romance in his life."

"You were spying on me?"

"IT'S NOT ABOUT SPYING ON YOU DAD!!"

"KEEP IT DOWN, DOWN THERE OR I'LL HAVE TO ASK YOU TO LEAVE!"

"Okay, officer. I'm sorry. I-I-It's not about spying on you, Dad. It's about loving and caring about someone. Isn't that what you used to tell me?"

"You're right, that's why I'm doing this."

"NO! No...don't you see, what you are doing is disrupting my life and everyone around you!  

What is this, some senior citizen, old-age crisis you're going through where you need to feel important and make your mark before you die? You want to feel young again? Are you sneaking around with a married woman, or, is the woman not good enough to bring home with you?

I didn't care at first, it was none of my business. But, look at you now. Somebody has got your mind all messed up. You went out looking for trouble. This morning, you were itching for it and if I had taken you along, you would have made trouble then. And...and you call yourself a Christian."

"Son, please don't talk to me like that."

"Oh, please, I'M THROUGH! If you want to stay in jail and sneak around with some whore, FINE!"

"SHE'S NOT A WHORE..."

"Quiet! Keep it down or I'm taking you back to your cell."

"Okay, officer."

"She's not a whore and she's not just some woman."

"Then, who is she? What's her name?"

"I can't tell you that."

"See! Bye! I'm done with it!"

"Hal! Hal! Don't... don't leave! It's...It's...Rachel." 

Hal stopped in his tracks and stood still, then, slowly turned back around and faced his father.

"Rachel? Why are you seeing Rachel?"

"You'll have to ask her that."

Hal, pounded on the table with his fist.

"Sir, you'll have to leave now or face possible arrest."

"See, that's how they get you, Son. Maybe now you'll believe I'm innocent."

"Why are you seeing Rachel?"

"Leave NOW, sir!"

"I'm leaving."

 Hal snatched his coat off of the table and left.     

            


*************************** 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YCCM YOU CAN'T CHANGE ME: Unraveling the Lie Part 4 DETAILS NOTHING COMES FROM NOTHING

AN EXPECTED END

PRAYER AND PROCLAMATION