YCCM YOU CAN'T CHANGE ME: Unraveling the Lie PART 4 DETAILS Chapter 25 JESUS CHANGED EVERYTHING





YOU CAN'T CHANGE ME: Unraveling the Lie

 PART 4 DETAILS Chapter 25

JESUS CHANGED EVERYTHING 



NARRATOR: My friends, I'm happy to say that Luke got settled in at the shelter and started getting involved in the ministry.  And don't you know that Merle stuck by him, became a regular face at the shelter and soon began helping to run the services and counsel the men. I tell you, God moves in mysterious ways.

Well, being new, Luke was required to attend several weeks of orientation, where they talked about: committing yourself to follow Jesus; leaving the world of sin behind; setting your hands to the plow; keeping your eyes on Jesus; and never looking back. They explained how everyone has unique experiences on their journey, in becoming a Disciple and following Christ.





At each orientation session, they would start out by reciting some of "Who I Am In Christ, " talking about what it means, and how important it is to seek repentance and rebirth. There was an interactive study on identifying the character of God, hearing His voice, journaling, praying, and communing with God through His Holy Spirit.

Luke had heard most of it before and tried to be patient. He still didn't quite understand everything he was learning, but his counselors told him that he would grow in God's Word and God's  Holy Spirit would reveal things to him in time, then, write it upon his heart. He wasn't exactly satisfied with that explanation, but again, he tried to be patient.

It was in small groups that Luke found that he thrived and learned the most.  They discussed Biblical literature and history, other religions, cultures and how Christianity is viewed by other religions and countries. They tried to bring in different perspectives and experiences to better understand The Word of God, the world and people. 

After a few weeks, Luke found that he enjoyed these sessions the most. After several months, he often found himself leading the discussions. 

Let us follow the camera and see what progress Luke is making today.

[The camera zooms in on Luke studying the Bible in his small room he shares with a roommate. Merle knocks on the door].

Luke: Come in.

Merle: Hey, Luke! Just thought I'd stop by and... What are all these books? Whoa! These are heavy books! Reminds me of when I was in Divinity School. Wait a minute, these books are from the Bible College! When did you...What are you studying, Luke?

Luke: Sit down, Merle.  I didn't tell you EVERYTHING that happened to me that morning, when we were praying at the church. I wanted to be sure.

[Luke tells Merle about hearing God's voice that morning,]

Luke: I was talking to God about everything that happened that night...the...s-su-su-icide  suicide attempt...(Luke takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly, then whispers...) help me Jesus...

I was asking God's forgiveness and telling Him how tired I was of living in darkness. I was asking Him to help me and all. I thought about you and Bee and I said I didn't want to be a burden to people anymore. I wanted to be unselfish like you and help people. Then, I heard...

"Who better to shepherd my sheep, than he who has found his way out of darkness?"

I wasn't sure of what I heard, or if it was me. So, I looked around and waited, then, knelt again and before I could say anything, I heard, "Yes, it is I Am."  I knew I wouldn't have said that, so, I started asking questions and that's when you walked in. I have never been so humbled and at peace...by God's voice, I mean. I had never heard Him before.

But, then, He said, "I will use you to break chains of bondage, my shepherd. Go, and feed my sheep." That's when I felt the chains fall off of ME! I felt such relief, but at the same time such exhilaration, warmth, peace and love washing over me and filling my very being. I can't...I can't quite describe it well enough.

[Merle is overwhelmed and embraces Luke in tears.]

Merle: You're doing quite well.  I'm sorry, Luke...I...I don't mean to be so emotional...it's just...it's just that you're like a son to me. I love you, Luke. (Merle breaks down in tears, again.) I'm sorry.

Luke: (smiling and laughing) Merle, Merle! Don't apologize! You don't know what that means to me! Sit down old man and let me get you some water.

[Merle manages to laugh at himself, then sits on Luke's bed. Luke goes down the hallway for a glass of water, from the recreation room, and returns to find Merle praying. Hearing Luke, he looks up beaming with joy.]

Merle: I've got to go tell Pastor Scott and the other leaders. They're going to flip!

Luke: Uh...Merle, I'm afraid I have to apologize about that.  You see...they already know.

[Merle looks a little downcast.]

Luke: You see...I didn't want you to be disappointed in me. I couldn't tell you, until I was sure, and I started school.

[Merle stands up, looking somber and gives Luke a hug.]

Merle: I understand, Luke, but...I wouldn't have been disappointed in you, if you had second thoughts. Most of us do. It's an important decision to say yes to God and follow through on it.  Many of us end up stumbling, Luke, es-especially when tragedy strikes our lives.  For me, it was losing Denny. I ran a-a-and I hid; unable to face people and unable to face God.

Take it slow, my boy, and let God lead you. Spend as much time talking with Him as you can. One thing you've helped me realize, I should have never stopped trusting him.

[Merle embraces Luke again and kisses him on both cheeks. Luke blushes and Merle grabs him again, hugging and patting him on the back.

Merle consults with the other leaders, and service that night is like none other that Luke has ever attended before.]


Worship & Service, Anyone? 





Scott: Ephesians, my Brothers and Sisters! Chapter 2, verses 18-20


18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;


Let us bow our heads and pray...

Father, we acknowledge your presence within us. Help us to always be mindful of your presence in everything we think, say, and do. Tonight, we welcome our Brothers and Sisters, one and all, knowing there are no visitors here; for they would not be here if You had not made a way. We may not know their name, but, You do and You are within us and in the midst. Most  gracious Heavenly Father, help all those who are here with us tonight to enter Your Light and fellowship with us as One.

Tonight, the Brethren and I have planned a different type of service than what we have done in the past, allowing Your Holy Spirit to lead us.We have taught Your children many things to equip them, but we have been remiss in protecting and empowering them.  We have neither utilized the ministry that Jesus sent to help prepare us, protect us and empower us; nor the gifts of Your Holy Spirit. We talk about Ephesians 4, but we have not enacted it as we should.  For this we are heartily sorry, Father, and ask your forgiveness and guidance. Thank you for sending Pastor Vickers to remind us.

Guide us as we embark upon a new path of worship in Spirit and in Truth. Amen. Protect us from the evil one as we shine Your Light of Glory upon Your Children and send them out to disciple, share Your Gifts and  Perfect Love, doing all things in Love and for Your glorification. Amen. These things we ask in the most precious name of Your Son, Jesus, Our Saviour. Amen.

CONGREGATION: Amen

SCOTT: For those of you who have not been here, this will be my last week as head pastor of this church and I thank you for freeing me so that I may be full-time pastor at the shelter. Most of you know Pastor Merle Vickers (He motions for Merle to stand), whom God has sent to fill my position. With God's help, we will work together to serve you and fight the good fight, knowing that with God, all things are possible. And with that said, I will turn the podium over to our Five-Fold Ministry of apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists and teachers.


[An attractive, young woman takes the podium and motions to a group of people sitting on her right to come up to the front.]

Julie: Hi, for those of you who don't know me, I'm Julia DeHart, just call me Julie, and I have the pleasure and honor of being Pastor Scott's wife. (Looking at her husband, she smiles and giggles, then becomes very serious.) but, I am also a prophetess.  It's no coincidence that Scott and I are together.  God planned it that way.  We not only draw strength and knowledge from one another as husband and wife, but, also as apostle and prophet.

The Five-Fold Ministry (she motions to the people standing in front) will be working with you individually and also in groups to equip the saints. We will familiarize you with Ephesians 4 and the role of the Five-Fold Ministry. We will address the church when it is necessary, working and consulting with the head pastor and elders. Please don't forget that the pastor is your shepherd, we are your spiritual helpers, but God's Holy Spirit is your first teacher, comforter and guide. EVERYTHING we do must line up with the WORD OF GOD! Amen?! (Coaxing everyone to join in agreement)

CONGREGATION: AMEN!!

[Julie leaves the podium receiving applause, then turns around and goes back to the microphone.]

Julie: With all due respect, I'm going to ask you to search your heart and make sure you're giving all of that applause and glory to God. AMEN?!

CONGREGATION: AMEN!!

[Julie leaves the podium and Frank Washington steps out from the group and up to the microphone.]

Frank: (Speaking in a deep, gravelly voice and clapping.) PRAISE THE LORD!!!

CONGREGATION: PRAISE THE LORD!!! [There is a round of applause and praise.]

Frank: (hoarsely) My name is Frank...(clears his throat) Frank Washington and I know most of you, because I've been here for ten years. I started out with this ministry at the shelter. Not as a leader, but as an addict. I was one of the first residents, when all we had was a couple of rooms, packed with cots, in the back of a store front church. But, it didn't bother me none. I didn't have anyplace else to sleep, nothing to eat, and I had been put out of places so many times, all I had was the clothes I was wearin'.

Yes, I'm thankful to the ministry, but that's not why I stuck around. I know where my help comes from and where the ministry's help comes from. I'm here because this is where God can best use me and I know that's why He brought me out of darkness into His Marvelous Light.

[Everyone gives praise to God. Frank lets the Spirit use him and in his deep, gravelly, baritone voice, he sings, "He Brought Me Out," followed by a chorus of, He made a way. People join in and some begin to weep. After a moment of silence, Frank continues.]

Yes, He brought me out and I've been evangelizin' ever since; tellin' addicts that what He did fo' ME, He can do fo' YOU.  I was one of the WORST of the WORST!  The BEST addict ANYONE could be!  Robbin', stealin', shootin'...ANYTHING to get a little rock or...or...or ANYTHING that would get me high! I tried to clean up a couple of times, but, those who believe they are clean of addictions and bondage, without fillin' the void with Jesus and God's Holy Spirit, have only made room for greater bondage. Jesus gives us an example in (He picks up his Bible.):

Please turn to Matthew 12:43-45. I'm readin' the King James Version, cuz I like how it sounds. I didn't understand it at first, but I asked the Holy Spirit to give me revelation...and He DID! Praise the Lord!. (He gives everyone time to find the scripture in their Bibles.)

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.






My Brothers and Sisters, with each spiritual gift from God, comes the need for accountability and wisdom from God. 

Some of you may not understand spiritual warfare and castin' out demons. But, I tell ya', it's not a main attraction or a sideshow. You could do more harm, than good. 

Spiritual Warriors and the one who was in bondage must allow their heart to be cleansed, washed by the blood of Jesus and abide in the Holy Spirit of the Father and His Son. Hallelujah! 

I had Spiritual Warriors lay hands on me and pray for me and what happened, at the time, I thought, was downright weird and scary. I didn't understand what was happenin' to me, but, I was dealin' with some evil spirits and demons, who had just set up house and decided to live in me. Mainly, because I had invited them by opening myself up to sin.

The Spiritual Warriors at the shelter taught me about bondage, castin' out demonic spirits. They gave me a clear understandin' that you cain't just cast out demons and leave the house empty! There's more that our Father requires us to do! Castin' out demonic spirits is just the beginning! There is still one sacrifice that's required of us. 

YEEES! Jesus did pay it all..."all to Him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain and He washed me white as snow!" Hallelujah!!! And because He paid it all our relationship with God is restored so that our sins can be forgiven, BUT...but, but, God still requires one sacrifice of us! Listen, now! He wants us to repent of our sins, ask forgiveness and-- surrender-- AAALL to Him!!! It's not such a great task considerin' the price that Jesus paid!!!

TONIGHT...TONIGHT, my Brothers and Sisters, if you haven't truly accepted Jesus in ya' heart, it's time to profess to believe! And recognize Jesus, as God's only Begotten Son! Ask the Father and Son to come into your heart, to make you whole and become One. I AM A WITNESS!!! THE BLOOD HAS SIGNED MY NAME!!! Glory, glory to God!!! (Frank jumps up and down praising God, then continues, breathing hard and wiping his forehead) 

If you are ready to surrender, come up and give your life to God!

If you need prayer, Glory to God, come up and let us pray for you!

If you need healin', as Jesus said, "Do you believe that I can do this?" Then, come up and be healed!

If you need food, shelter, clothing, any kind of help, come up and let us connect you with somebody to help you!

If God has put it on your heart to give your services and help somebody, come up and make it known to somebody!

If you just wanna give God some praise, COME UP AND PRAAAAAISE HIM IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH!!!

God has provided for this ministry, THANK YA LORD! --Suppling us with a team of Prayer Warriors, Healers, Pastors, Evangelists, Teachers, Prophets, Apostles! We have our Social Workers and Counselors here tonight! Some people even came from other churches to help out! We are here for one another! Do you believe that God will supply AAAALL your needs?! Then, GIVE GOD THE GLO--REEEE!!

[Everyone praises the Lord for a while. Then, Frank goes to the altar, drops to his knees and begins to pray. Luke sits on the edge of his seat, expecting chaos to break out, or to see people looking around so confused and baffled, they won't know what to do or where to go, but, something peculiar begins to happen. Without being told, the people move to the aisles and line up. Social Workers begin to take each person to their needed station or room and very quickly, everyone is served, as those wishing to pray or praise God, continue to praise Him. No one said anything about an offering, but the basket next to the altar is overflowing.

People trickle back into the sanctuary little by little having been served and/or received appointments for follow-up service. There isn't the usual boredom and impatience as people feel free to join in fellowship and song. 

Suddenly, about a dozen children walk in and teachers seat them on the front pews. Luke smiles, laughs to himself and shakes his head, thinking, Papa Vickers certainly has been busy.

Quiet settles in as a woman, Luke recognizes as Frank's wife, Sheila, takes the podium.]

Sheila: Hello, everyone! I'm Sheila Washington, that was my dear husband, Frank, the evangelist, who spoke to you earlier. I am a teacher and principal here in the city and I'll be Superintendent over the children's church. One day, maybe we'll even have a school. Praise the Lord!

[She bows her head and begins to pray.]

Father, I acknowledge your presence within me and within my Brothers and Sisters. Use us Lord! Have your way!

[There is clapping, shouting and praising God.]

Father, tonight, you showed us what we can do, if we trust you and allow You to use us, and...and...we just thank you Father. We magnify and glorify Your Holy Name.  We love you Lord, for who You are, knowing we can do nothing without You. 

Many of us doubted that we could do this, because we were focusing on the word we and not You, Lord. I was one of them. Please forgive me. My structured school principal thinking got in the way. I allowed myself, my flesh, to get in the way. Thank you for chastising me and giving me the privilege to serve You and my brethren.

We know this is just the beginning, Father, and there is so much more and so many more of Your children who need help. Please bring us more parents and children and more workers for the fields. Humble us. Prepare us. Continue to use us, I pray, Dear Lord. Amen.

NARRATOR: Viewers, I believe we've witnessed the Body of Christ working in unity and on one accord. Amid naysayers and skeptics, the Spirit of God prevailed. 

The worship service continued, just a little while longer. After a couple of worship songs, Scott had Merle dismiss the service. 

On the way out, Luke noticed a new bulletin board hanging up, with WORKERS FOR THE FIELD in big letters across the top. Underneath, were different types of skills and labor needed, (e.g., plumbers, teachers, carpet installers, haulers, roofers, food service, repairmen, accountants, cleaning services, electricians, child care workers, brick layers, drywall hangers, painters, fishermen, farmers, landscapers, gardeners, etc.).

Luke saw the men from the shelter and many others signing up. He shook his head and smiled, again, thinking, Papa Vickers has come out of hiding.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


SELF REFLECTION: A Look in the Mirror

Once again, when we look at Jesus' parables, He is challenging us to examine where our heart lies. Closely examining your heart, answer the following questions. As always, take this information, along with information provided by your apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, and evangelists to equip the saints.

DISCUSS your answers with a mature Believer who can guide you in your spiritual relationship with Jesus and our Father, and/or have group discussions to learn from those who have different experiences and perspectives.


QUESTIONS: Write down your questions and discuss them with a mature Believer or submit them to:


https://fssw-followers.weebly.com
https://fsasw.blogspot.com

  1. It is not uncommon for people to be tired, bored or impatient sitting through worship services or Bible Study.  It can be like having to sit still in a classroom and having information fed to you for hours, that you may not understand or remember. We must also take into account that not everyone learns the same way. Has sitting through services or study groups been a problem for you? Why or why not?
  2. Do you think you would be more interested if the material was presented to you in a different way? Why or why not?
  3. Have you tried going to different places of worship where the service is different? Why or why not?
  4. Do you attend your place of worship because the pastor is a good speaker? Why or why not?
  5. Should our worship center around the pastor's ability to deliver an interesting or invigorating sermon? Is this worshiping in Spirit and in Truth?
  6. If you are attending worship because the pastor is considered to be a dynamic speaker, who are you worshiping?
  7. Does God require His Word to be delivered in an entertaining or intriguing way to draw men unto Him? What should be in the heart of the listener?
  8. Has the enemy managed to creep into our worship services tying churches to traditions and services that lull people to sleep? Are these services changing lives and feeding God's sheep? Are the saints being equipped?
  9. Can entertaining change lives, feed God's sheep and equip the saints, alone? Can it teach accountability? Is it worshiping in Spirit and in Truth? What should be in the heart of the listener?
  10. Do you have to have a place of worship with a good choir and musicians and a captivating minister? Why or why not? Do these qualities mean that it is a god-filled place of worship and the minister is more godly?
  11. God told us that we should be Holy because He is Holy. Our spirit (heart) should hunger for holiness. We cannot be Holy without God's Holy Spirit. Wherever we find holiness, our spirit can be fed. If we thirst for Truth, wherever we find Jesus, we will find Living Water to drink to thirst no more. Luke is trying to be patient with learning about God, but is he hungry and thirsty yet?
  12. Luke finds a more interesting and effective way of learning in his small discussion groups. Do you think this is why Jesus chose this way to teach His Disciples?
  13. Small discussion groups enable students to learn from one another and the instructor. Have you considered joining a smaller congregation, finding a church that has organized small worship/study groups, or starting a worship/study group within your home?
  14. Each leader at the worship service had a different way of talking about God and serving Him. Each was doing what the Spirit led them to do, which was best for the Kingdom of God. One thing they have in common is humility. They have learned to humble themselves and accept God's Will. Scott humbly resigns his position as head pastor of the church and welcomes Merle and his changes to the service, staff and church. Julie humbles herself, not wanting praise and reminds everyone to give all glory to God. Frank, humbles himself to give a testimony of how God has delivered him from the bondage of drug addiction and is led by the spirit to sing for the glorification of God. Sheila humbly admits her short-comings and her doubts about the success of the service, asking God to forgive her. As leaders, are they showing others how to humble themselves, surrender their will and be accountable?
  15. Luke and Merle's relationship is evolving into a father and son relationship. Merle, who was afraid of Bee getting too close to Luke, now seems to have dropped his guard. Do you think: he trusts Luke more; he has allowed God to free him of the fear of losing someone close to him again; or he has learned to trust God?
  16. Trusting Luke more and being freed from the fear of losing someone again does not show that Merle trust God, which should be his first priority, in order to be made perfect in love; for perfect love cast out fear. Many marriages and relationships fail because of the issue of trust, especially if a spouse has been unfaithful. Relationships go sour or break up, when a friend has betrayed a friend. If we have been made perfect in love, we will not live in fear, or put strain and self-fulfilling prophecy upon our relationships. We can love others unconditionally, knowing that we can trust God to see us through whatever comes our way. Do you have trust issues in any of your relationships? Do you see it as being more of the other persons fault, than yours? How can you improve your relationship? Have you surrendered your will to God? Have you been made perfect in love?
  17. Luke stutters a little when mentioning his attempted suicides. Do you believe he has completely forgiven himself for these acts? Does his struggle in talking about them suggest guilt and shame? Do you believe God has forgiven Him? Should he give these feelings over to God?
  18.  Forgiving ourselves is often the hardest thing for us to do.  Satan wants to keep us in bondage to prevent us from moving on and growing. Have you or someone you know attempted suicide? Have you forgiven yourself? Have you forgiven them?
  19. Luke hasn't grasped why they spend so much time reciting who they are in Christ. Like many people, he goes through the words and motions, but he hasn't digested, absorbed and applied the Word to his life. Does Luke need to talk more about his feelings? Do you think that his guilt and shame keep him from doing so? How can we help people dealing with this problem?
  20. Luke was afraid of disappointing Merle. He is probably not use to receiving acceptance and forgiveness. If Luke talked to others more about his feelings concerning his suicide attempts and past, do you think he could come to see the bondage he is still in?
  21. Has society and religion made it more difficult for people to accept and help those with mental illnesses and bondage?
  22. Read Ephesians 4. Do you understand the function of the Five-Fold Ministry that Jesus sent?
     
  23. God is a god of order. This Truth we learn from the Word of God. 1 Corinthians 14:33For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.  Most worship services are built around this statement. Some people shutter at the idea of letting the Holy Spirit lead the service. Many have the spirit of control and feel they must control everything within the church. However, who is the Holy Spirit, but God? Therefore, any service led by God's Holy Spirit should be an ordered and cohesive service.
    When is this not the case? When those in the service have not been born again and filled with the Spirit of God.
     Therefore, they are acting out of self.
    Have you seen or attended a service that was supposed to be Spirit led, but was chaotic and unorganized? Were you uncomfortable?
  24. With spiritual helpers, The Five-Fold Ministry, Jesus provided for the equipping and maturing of the saints

    Ephesians 4:12-13

    12 ...to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up
    13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

    Who should address lost sheep who act out of self and/or they have gone astray?  The pastor, who is their shepherd?  Can he equip ALL the saints by himself, just by rendering a sermon?
     
  25. Merle had arranged for helpers to come from other churches, which was a practice in the early days of Christianity.

    Do you think Merle was comfortable in doing this because he completely trusted them, or because he had learned to walk by faith and not by sight?
     
  26. Frank talked about how his first experience with Spiritual Warriors laying hands and casting out demons was weird and scary. A lot of people probably feel the same way he did, because they have not been properly informed or equipped to engage in spiritual warfare and the laying of hands. This however, is a necessary part of equipping the saints and discipleship. Jesus and his disciples cast out demons and healed. The Five-Fold Ministry is the balance needed to mature the saints for these works and services so that there will be no chaos or confusion and gifts are used in accordance to God's Word, giving all glory to God.

    Do you know your spiritual gifts and calling? Have you asked God to show you? Are you being equipped for work and services in the Kingdom? Are you being accountable to someone and God for how you use His gifts? Do you give all glory to God?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SCRIPTURE REFERENCES 





Who I Am in Christ
  • I am complete in Him Who is the Head of all principality and power (Colossians 2:10).
  • I am free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).
  • I am far from oppression, and fear does not come near me (Isaiah 54:14).
  • I am born of God, and the evil one does not touch me (1 John 5:18).
  • I have the Greater One living in me; greater is He Who is in me than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4).
  • I have received the gift of righteousness and reign as a king in life by Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).
  • I have received the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus, the eyes of my understanding being enlightened (Ephesians 1:17-18).
  • I have received the power of the Holy Spirit to lay hands on the sick and see them recover, to cast out demons, to speak with new tongues. I have power over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means harm me (Mark 16:17-18; Luke 10:17-19).
  • I have put off the old man and have put on the new man, which is renewed in the knowledge after the image of Him Who created me (Colossians 3:9-10).
  • I have given, and it is given to me; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, men give into my bosom (Luke 6:38).
  • I have no lack for my God supplies all of my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).
  • I can quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one with my shield of faith (Ephesians 6:16).
  • I show forth the praises of God Who has called me out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9).
  • I am God’s child for I am born again of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God, which lives and abides forever (1 Peter 1:23).
  • I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ unto good works (Ephesians 2:10).
  • I am a believer, and the light of the Gospel shines in my mind (2 Corinthians 4:4).
  • I am a doer of the Word and blessed in my actions (James 1:22,25).
  • I am more than a conqueror through Him Who loves me (Romans 8:37).
  • I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony (Revelation 12:11).
  • I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people (1 Peter 2:9).
  • I am the head and not the tail; I am above only and not beneath (Deuteronomy 28:13).
  • I am forgiven of all my sins and washed in the Blood (Ephesians 1:7).
  • I am delivered from the power of darkness and translated into God’s kingdom (Colossians 1:13).
  • I am firmly rooted, built up, established in my faith and overflowing with gratitude (Colossians 2:7).
  • I am strengthened with all might according to His glorious power (Colossians 1:11).
  • I am submitted to God, and the devil flees from me because I resist him in the Name of Jesus (James 4:7).
  • I press on toward the goal to win the prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward (Philippians 3:14).
  • For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).


Ephesians 4(KJV)

Unity and Maturity in the Body of Christ

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Instructions for Christian Living


17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YCCM YOU CAN'T CHANGE ME: Unraveling the Lie Part 4 DETAILS NOTHING COMES FROM NOTHING

AN EXPECTED END

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU'RE BEING JUDGED BY THE WORLD: HOW DO WE CUT OFF OUR FLESH? Part 3 FAITH: The Real Issue