(IHEAM:CH15P2) I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME CHAPTER 15 GOOD FRUIT: PREGNANT PART 2

 


I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME

CHAPTER 15

 GOOD FRUIT: PREGNANT

PART 2




"Our being fruitful does not only apply to how we treat others, but, also, in how we treat ourselves!

God is telling me and you that we cannot embrace the TRUTH without embracing THE WAY, if we are to live ABUNDANTLY!"

 

 

FAT VS HEALTHY


Matthew 4:1-4 (KJV)

1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.



Perhaps, you aren't fat, overweight, or obese, but neither are you healthy, or you want to stay fit and healthy. Everyone can benefit from this message.

God promised me that I would never be fat (overweight, obese) again. Now, before you say that that doesn't sound like anything God would say, let's talk about perception.

When I look in the mirror or step on the scale, I perceive myself as "fat." God was meeting me on my level through my perception of myself. It wasn't a promise that I would suddenly be thin or at my correct calculated weight and body mass index. God was preparing me to change my perception of myself in order to permanently correct the problem. So, He fed my words back to me in a way that allowed them to take on new meaning and empower me.

How we perceive ourselves and how others perceive us has a lot to do with how our minds are wired and programmed. Thus, if we perceive ourselves as always being "fat," then, we are setting up self-fulfilling prophecy. We have dug the ditch and crawled down inside of it to lie down, having no real faith, hope, and expectancy for change. But, one might say, "Of course I expect to lose weight or I wouldn't be dieting or exercising!" However, most often, what we are expecting is RESULTS, not TRUE CHANGE within our heart, thus, we don't keep the weight off.

Now, some skeptical people might be quick to say that God was speaking to me metaphorically or symbolically, so, I should not get my hopes up, but, I already see change beginning to happen.  However, I still have to take  part and be accountable in this "agreement of heart and mind." Just as if I was to carry a child full-term in a pregnancy, I must carry God with me all the way; from Earth to Heaven, as some might say, letting HIM lead me.

Simple, but, at times, maybe not so simple. I must remember that I am eating for more than one. He within me nourishes me, therefore, my soul (my mind), my body and my spirit require less, to make more room for Him and less of me, living and operating in the flesh. Change may mean that weight-loss is slower, however, it will produce lasting results, because my mind will follow a heart that has been cleaned and purged, changed anew to follow the Mind of Christ to abundant and eternal life.


THE TEMPTER


Hunger can cause us to do many things, lie, steal, and even kill. The tempter preys upon our hunger as one of the weaknesses of our fleshly body. But Jesus tells us that it is not our only means of survival. We are able to live by the spirit, also, and the spirit can help to meet the needs of the body, "by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

Yes, perception is everything. When we hunger, we must perceive what we hunger for and when we thirst we must perceive that which will quench our thirst.

Jesus told the Woman at the Well:

John 4:13-15(KJV)
13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

When our mind tells us that we hunger or thirst, we must first search within our heart to determine our true need. Are our needs being met to satisfy not only the physical body, but the mind (soul) and spirit (heart)? Instead of reaching for that which the tempter offers us, we can reach for the Word of God who dwells within us, Jesus, Yeshua, who will reveal our heart to us and guide us to our true needs: love, growth, knowledge; support; protection; joy; comfort; truth; holiness; righteousness, faith; peace; and the Word of God.  


He will help to birth that within us that needs to come into fruition. Is the seed being properly watered? Is it planted within fertile ground? 

Like the pregnant virgin Mary, are our needs being met to insure that the life within us, is safe, healthy, and living by the Word of God?

If not, then surely the flesh that holds it will suffer.

Remember, that you are not alone. The Triune God dwells within you. You, your body is His Temple, a building not made by the hands of man, but, the Hand of God. Your body, His Temple, needs His hands for sustenance, maintenance, restoration and repair.

If you are like me, then you have tried many diets and exercises in the past, only to be self-defeated by lack of willpower, endurance, and sustainability. This only goes to show that we had not surrendered our will to God, who cannot fail. We wanted immediate results, instead of change from within; change that would make us think differently about ourselves and about our needs. When, it came to our health, we were living for one person--ourselves. Now, what would Jesus do? He told us in:

Matthew 4:5-11

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple.  
6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,

and they will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’”

7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.

9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.


When it comes to our health, we take the bait from the tempter. That extra helping, that cake or pie looks like the world to us. Sure, we'll take the dare, jump and dive right into indulging ourselves and maybe even get sick as we continue to damage our body (God's Temple). When it comes to our health, we have been walking around open, unprotected, dropping our shield, and removing our armor (The Armor of God). We have been thinking, "Yes, I love you, Lord, but, when it comes to this doughnut, I can't obey. Yes, I'll follow you, Jesus, but first let me stop at that fast food restaurant I saw back there. You see, I gotta have it, when I want it."

We struggle and OH, how we struggle, when we take our eyes off of Jesus. We have set up terms and conditions to follow. Jesus and God need to be patient with us as we try to destroy ourselves and of course stick around to pick up the pieces, fix us and restore that which we insist on damaging, because it belongs to US! Yet, we believe we have given our lives to GOD! OH, how we struggle, "oh, what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer." (1)



WHO ARE YOU? HOW DO YOU KNOW?


We as Believers must know who we are and be aware of ourselves (soul, spirit, and body) and deeply aware of He who dwells within.

Ask yourself:

Who am I? Am I defined by: what I eat; how much I eat; what my body looks like; how pretty or handsome my face is; or what color I am?

Do my clothes define me? Does my job or status in life define me? Do the things I own define me?

Will I ever be: skinny enough; handsome or pretty enough; smart enough; or rich enough?

Will I be driven or motivated to greatness or fame? Will I be desirable and accepted by men and my peers? Do these things matter? How important are they in the Kingdom? Who do they GLORIFY?

VANITY, VANITY? Is all vanity? Not all...only that which bears no good fruit. God has provided a WAY to continue being fruitful, bearing GOOD fruit and planting His seeds, connected to The Vine, The Way, The Truth, and THE LIFE!

Surrendering all is just that, surrendering ALL. I had to make a decision if I intended not just to lose weight, but to CHANGE my weight and GAIN a better understanding of WHO I AM IN CHRIST! 

My mindset, believing I was just a fat person and my lifestyle to keep it that way, proved that I was living for ME, MYSELF, and I. 

I said that I wanted to live and improve my health and lifestyle, but, as far as my body, my TEMPLE, was concerned, I was still living in SELF.
I am no longer alone, the Triune God lives within me. When I say I want to live, it can no longer be for myself. 

I must want to live for GOD and live through Christ Jesus!

He within you is perfect and calls to you to rest in His perfection. How do we do this? At times we will need to put out the fire the enemy has set upon us by stopping, dropping to our knees to pray and rolling into the faithful and comforting arms of Jesus. At other times, we need only to "lift up our eyes to the hills from which comes our help." As time goes on, we come to recognize the life within us who sustains us, nurtures, and provides everything we need. Then, we look inside of ourselves to GAIN abundant and eternal life instead of losing our soul and life to the world.


WHOSE MIND-OVER MATTERS?

It is said that the mind is a powerful thing, but, the mind follows the heart. So, it is the heart (spirit) which has the greatest power and when the spirit rest in The Holy Spirit, there is no greater power.  

Mind over matter can only work when led by the Mind of Christ through God's Holy Spirit!

 

Can a man experience the same feelings of pregnancy and expectancy? Yes, because how we perceive things in our mind matters. God has proven this to scientists and physicians by the Couvade Syndrome, a condition where a man sympathizes or empathizes so much with his pregnant wife, to the extent that stress levels change the chemistry and hormones in his body, making him exhibit real pregnancy symptoms, such as bloating, weight gain, nausea (morning sickness), aches and pains, and swelling. He can even have high levels of the hormone prolactin which helps to make breast milk.

During our Rebirth, each of us, man and woman alike was impregnated, with NEW LIFE to be passed on, just as the Apostles laid hands on the first Believers in the Son of God. God's Holy Spirit gives new life. We were connected to The Vine, Yeshua, in order to produce "GOOD" fruit. Our abundant life lies within knowing and understanding our REPRODUCTIVE CYCLE to produce good fruit, as promised by God and our commitment to one another. We have a charge to keep and a God to Glorify!


Our being fruitful does not only apply to how we treat others, but, also, in how we treat ourselves!
 

His promises are true. If He says I am cleansed of sin, I have no reason to doubt Him. If He says I am delivered from gluttony, I have no reason to doubt Him. I need only to trust Him to show me the WAY, for He always makes a way for what He promises. Even when we are faced with adversity, He will bring forth that which He has promised to deliver into the Light. Our labor will not be in vain.

My Brothers and Sisters we are pregnant with new and abundant life, the FRUITFULNESS of God's Holy Spirit, Who has EMPOWERED us and shown us The Way to never-ending Abundant Life.

God is telling me and you that we cannot embrace the TRUTH without embracing THE WAY, if we are to live ABUNDANTLY! 

There is a way to overcome yourself and die to the flesh. There is a way to love yourself to the glory of GOD, who dwells within you, through Christ Jesus.  All praise, glory and honor be given to GOD whose TRUTH has set us free and free indeed!

Brethren, if you have been struggling with weight loss or any type of habit or behavioral problem, seek that deeper awareness of who you are in Christ and the deeper awareness of He who is within you. Surrender and let Him take control to bring forth the new life He has given you within, so that you may enjoy the fruitfulness and freedom of abundant life.

Do not be discouraged if temptation tries to resurrect the old man within you and then, your flesh causes you to remove your eyes from Jesus and stray from the path. The adversary will always try to fill you with doubt, hopelessness, guilt and shame. 

Never forget who you belong to and that you know your way back to Jesus! 

Continue to seek change from within, dying to the flesh and surrendering all to God. 

God wants to change your perception of you, so that you see you through His eyes and become who He has created you to be.

The next time you think you are hungry, perhaps, you will first perceive a hunger for HOLINESS, which can fill you up and carry you through each trial and temptation; which can create in you a clean heart and a right spirit.

(3) Psalm 51:10 (KJV)
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.


With all love and hope for you, your servant and soldier, united with the One,

Mishael


*************************************************************

SCRIPTURE REFERENCES AND TEXT


(1) WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS

Joseph Scriven
Charles Crozat Converse
(1834-1918)

1) What a Friend we have in Jesus,

All our sins and griefs to bear!

What a privilege to carry

Everything to God in prayer!

O what peace we often forfeit,

O what needless pain we bear,

All because we do not carry

Everything to God in prayer!


2) Have we trials and temptations?

Is there trouble anywhere?

We should never be discouraged,

Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Can we find a friend so faithful

Who will all our sorrows share?

Jesus knows our every weakness,

Take it to the Lord in prayer.


3) Are we weak and heavy-laden,

Cumbered with a load of care?

Precious Savior, still our refuge—

Take it to the Lord in prayer;

Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?

Take it to the Lord in prayer;

In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,

Thou wilt find a solace there.


*************************************************************

(2)John 4 (KJV)

1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,

2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

3 He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee.

4 And he must needs go through Samaria.

5 Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.

6 Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.

7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.

8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)

9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?

12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.

17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:

18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

27 And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her?

28 The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men,

29 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?

30 Then they went out of the city, and came unto him.

31 In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat.

32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.

33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?

34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.

37 And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.

38 I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours.

39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

40 So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days.

41 And many more believed because of his own word;

42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

43 Now after two days he departed thence, and went into Galilee.

44 For Jesus himself testified, that a prophet hath no honour in his own country.

45 Then when he was come into Galilee, the Galilaeans received him, having seen all the things that he did at Jerusalem at the feast: for they also went unto the feast.

46 So Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee, where he made the water wine. And there was a certain nobleman, whose son was sick at Capernaum.

47 When he heard that Jesus was come out of Judaea into Galilee, he went unto him, and besought him that he would come down, and heal his son: for he was at the point of death.

48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

49 The nobleman saith unto him, Sir, come down ere my child die.

50 Jesus saith unto him, Go thy way; thy son liveth. And the man believed the word that Jesus had spoken unto him, and he went his way.

51 And as he was now going down, his servants met him, and told him, saying, Thy son liveth.

52 Then enquired he of them the hour when he began to amend. And they said unto him, Yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him.

53 So the father knew that it was at the same hour, in the which Jesus said unto him, Thy son liveth: and himself believed, and his whole house.

54 This is again the second miracle that Jesus did, when he was come out of Judaea into Galilee.


*************************************************************

(3) Psalm 51 (KJV)

1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.

16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.

19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.


*************************************************************

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YCCM YOU CAN'T CHANGE ME: Unraveling the Lie Part 4 DETAILS NOTHING COMES FROM NOTHING

AN EXPECTED END

PRAYER AND PROCLAMATION