(IHEAM:CH18P6) I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME: CHAPTER 18 TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE: PART 4 ACCEPTANCE, THE CROSSROAD OF ENDURANCE


 

 

I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME 

CHAPTER 18 

TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE:

PART 6 ACCEPTANCE, THE CROSSROAD OF ENDURANCE

SimpleGifts.png
God has given me plenty of opportunities to learn the lesson of acceptance and forgiveness. He has allowed people around me and before me to cause pain, and to blind and harden my heart. Then, when I was ready to accept them and myself, He gave me new eyes and a new heart to see them as He does. In the past, it was very difficult for me to stay focused and on task, when there was one or more scowling faces around me doubting and despising me. Now, I remember who I am, a daughter of God. The Holy Spirit and living God live inside of me and will never leave me. I allow God's love to flow through me and guide me and I speak with hope for every ear that will hear. I have accepted His gifts and now I have strength and wisdom to endure. I didn't say strength never to cry, feel sad, angry, depressed, afraid, and so on, but, strength to endure these things with God.

There is power within you to endure and accept those circumstances and people which have come against you in opposition and adversity. There is power within you to forgive, while not needing to forget that which you have been empowered to overcome, through Christ Jesus and the will of God.

God can take away all of our pain and heartache, but, we must first accept and forgive ourselves, as He has ALREADY forgiven us. Will we accept His gift of Forgiveness? Will we accept Christ?

The Bible doesn't emphasize our forgiving ourselves. Perhaps, it is expected to be a part of our surrendering all to God. Perhaps, it is self-implied as we come to truly accept God's forgiveness. Then, perhaps, it is also one of the partitions or walls we must bring down or push out of the way inside of our brain to connect with God; and just another stumbling block we happen to encounter on the path we follow to holiness and righteousness.

YOU are a child of God! Know and cherish what you are and who God created you to be, always. Cherish your relationship with your Father. You cannot fail with God, for God never fails. God didn't create people who are losers, just people who are nothing without Him. If we are to change the atmosphere and the minds and hearts of those in darkness, who have become cruel and destructive people, labeling people as failures and losers, we must change the rhetoric and discourse from inside the person.

We cannot stand idly by watching those within society and our government try to harden hearts and create a society ruled by hatred and violence. We must work harder knowing we have the power to succeed with God. Your acceptance of yourself and others is VITAL to the cause.

All-in-all, ACCEPTANCE is another gift from God, like abundant and eternal life, that keeps on giving. I guess it's another reason why it's impossible to beat God's giving.

with unconditional love, your servant and soldier, united with the One,

mishael



"Simple Gifts" written by Elder Joseph Brackett, Jr., of the Shaker community in Alfred, Maine 1848 

'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free
'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gained,
To bow and to bend we shan't be ashamed,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come 'round right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YCCM YOU CAN'T CHANGE ME: Unraveling the Lie Part 4 DETAILS NOTHING COMES FROM NOTHING

AN EXPECTED END

PRAYER AND PROCLAMATION