(AYEP20) I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME: AUNTIE YONNY EPISODE 20 GUILTY CONVERSATIONS





 I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME

(Intermittent Waves Recorded From The Transformed Heart Of A Woman)

AUNTIE YONNY EPISODE 20 

GUILTY CONVERSATIONS

 

 

"Did they get the account numbers?"
"NO! Why you calling here! What are you trying to do, hang me?!
"HE WANTS TO KNOW!"
"OF ALL THE GD stupid things! Why'd you call here? They've got taps on my MF phone. I don't care if he wants to know or not. Don't call me GD! I told him not to contact me. EVER!"
"He's worried about you cooperating."
"DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME! WORRY ABOUT WHAT'S HAPPENING THERE! HE'S NOT MAKING THINGS ANY BETTER!"
"Listen, I've got to let him know."
"I'm through kissing A..."
"Just answer yes or no."
"It's not that simple. I've got other things to worry about. I care about my life and my wife, okay? I know he's not worried about my F... life. Whatever I do I've got to answer to Moscow and I'm looking at time. I don't give a damn what he's worried about right now. Their on my GD back right now, OKAY?!
"Let us know what they find."
"NO YOU STUPID B...! YOU'RE F... STUPID! BYE!"

*****************

"Well, I don't want them coming into OUR house, terrorizing my kids. This has got to END, JOHN!"
"WHAT?! You WANT me to go to jail Tanya! You WANT me to go to jail?! And maybe you'll go too. Then, what will happen to YOUR kids?! I don't want that to happen, either! Don't you think I care about OUR kids?!
And I told you, even if they came, they wouldn't find anything. I know better than to have that kind of stuff at home."
"You know we can't trust my father. You KNOW that. He'll say something stupid that hurts everybody, then, make somebody say that he didn't."
"I know, but, it's harder to get to him, now, with the new general around. If I lie about what I'm going to see him about, he has ways of going back and checking. He can't be trusted. I think he's there to spy on us anyway and just massaged his way into favor."
"Can we get rid of him?"
"Not, yet."
*****************

"(crying) JOHN! THEY'VE GOT EVIDENCE! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?"
"Calm down! I can't understand you..."
"EVIDENCE! THEY'VE GOT EVIDENCE!"
"What do you mean they've got evidence? Where are you?"
"Uh...(sniffling)...I'm in my office. They're in there talking to dad now. You've got to get here fast.
"I'm tied up right now."
Now, John! I can't handle this by myself! There are reporters and cameras everywhere!
(sobbing) OH, GOD, JOHN! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!"

*****************
Hal, sat up straight in his bed, turned on the light and stared at the intercom. Incoherent words muffled by crying and moaning alerted him, along with a flashing light indicating that it was Tanya's room. He slid into his slippers, took a small revolver from his beside drawer, and rushed to Tanya's room, fearing another attack on her life.


The security desk was empty and Hal only hoped that the police officer, Chaudhary, was well ahead of him. He wasn't prepared to kill anyone, but, he would if he had to.


Zenobia and Officer Chaudhary were standing around Tanya's bed. Zenobia was doing everything she could to wake Tanya and calm her down.


"What's going on Zenobia? Did someone break in?"


"No, Hal. She's been having these dreadful nightmares ever since her niece died. Sometimes I can't wake her. Keeping her sedated isn't good for her, either. I've informed the doctor, but, he said that it can be expected after the terrible way her niece died. Usually, the episodes don't go on for long, but, they've been hard on her health. The doctor doesn't expect her to last much longer."


Hal moved closer to Tanya's bed and took her hand.


"TANYA! TANYA! IT'S HAL! IT'S HAL, TANYA! WAKE UP! IT'S JUST A DREAM!"


He rubbed her hand gently, repeating her name. Slowly, she opened her eyes.


"IT'S HAL TANYA...IT'S JUST A DREAM. YOU'RE ALRIGHT. WE'RE ALL HERE FOR YOU."


Tanya began to breathe easier. She squeezed Hal's hand, while tears rolled from the corners of her eyes.


"I'll sit here with you for a while. Try to rest and think about something good." Hal laughed. "I'm pretty good at boring people and talking them to sleep. I'll sit here and talk or read a while. Okay?"


Tanya nodded her head.


Zenobia breathed a heavy sigh and smiled at Hal.


"It seems you've got the touch tonight, Hal. I'll turn it over to you."


Officer Chaudhary exited the room with Zenobia, leaving Hal sitting holding Tanya's hand.


"Well, Auntie Tanya, it looks like it's just us night owls."


Tanya turned her head, looked at Hal, and smiled.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YCCM YOU CAN'T CHANGE ME: Unraveling the Lie Part 4 DETAILS NOTHING COMES FROM NOTHING

AN EXPECTED END

PRAYER AND PROCLAMATION