(AYEP31PT3) I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME: AUNTIE YONNY EPISODE 31 THE AGREEMENTS Part 3







I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME

(Intermittent Waves Recorded From The Transformed Heart Of A Woman) 

AUNTIE YONNY THE AGREEMENTS Part 3



They took David Siegfried to his room, the nursing assistant began to undress him and Zenobia went to work on checking him from head to toe. She then called Dr. Acharya to be advised as to how to proceed. The doctor ordered some tests and said that he would stop by later that day.

Hal entered the room and it was obvious that he was angry with his father as well as worried.

"Where did you go, Dad? Sam said you went to the park and then the café. Why?"

"That snitch! Why? What's it to you? I'm a grown man and I ought to be able to go where I want to go."

"Why didn't you tell someone, Dad? We know you've been sneaking out eating the wrong things. Are you trying to kill yourself?!"

"Hal, please..."

"NO, ZENOBIA! Somebody needs to talk to him and tell him something. He acts like he doesn't care about anybody but himself, while we're all here worrying about him."

"Hal, this isn't the right time."

"There's not going to be a good time, Zenobia. What's going to happen if he does it again?"

"Son, I'll tell you what will happen if I do it again, YOU won't have to worry about it. Just put me in a nursing home! I'd rather be in a nursing home than to be a prisoner in my own house! I'm not a child and I'm not an invalid! I ought to be able to make my own decisions! If I want to DIE, I'LL DIE ON MY OWN TERMS!!"

YOU WANT TO BE UP IN MY BUSINESS ALL THE TIME, HOW ABOUT I GET UP IN YOUR BUSINESS, SON?!! I DIDN'T RAISE YOU TO BE LIKE THIS!!

"Hal, you're getting him too excited, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"NO, ZENOBIA! If we're going to be together, you're going to have to listen to me, too. This is MY father!"

Hal looked at Zenobia and could see that his words had hurt her.

"Listen, I'm sorry, Zenobia. I'll calm down, but, I need to talk to him. Just give us a minute...please."

Zenobia walked out of the door on the verge of tears, holding her stomach.

"Dad, I'm sorry I yelled at you. That was disrespectful..."

"I need some money, son."

"WHAT?! Okay, I said I wasn't going to yell..."

"I said I need some money. You said the money belongs to us, now, I'm asking you for some."

"You have money in your account, Dad. You know I'd never withhold money from you."

"I need more money."

"I put one hundred thousand in there this month and you've barely touched it. What do you mean you need more money? What are you going to buy that we don't already own?"

"Maybe I need a hobby. Maybe I want to invest it. What does it matter what I do with MY money? I don't ask you what you do with YOUR MONEY!"

"Invest it? What do you know about the stock market?"

"I'm no dummy, son. Just because I worked like a dog to put YOU through college doesn't mean I don't know nothin'!"

"Alright, just calm down, Dad. How much do you need?"

"One million."

"ONE MILLION?! WHAT ARE YOU INVESTING IN?!"

"Hal, I've had ENOUGH! I'm moving out of here! I can't stand to watch you ruining your life and everybody else's"

"What do you mean, I'm ruining my life and everybody's life?"

"I didn't raise you to treat women this way. You were sleeping with Rachel. Now, you're sleeping with Zenobia. It's like you don't have any respect for women, yourself, or God. Never mind I live here, too."

"Dad, things are different, now."

"I know they're different, being rich has made you lose your mind!"

"I mean...I...I'm going to marry Zenobia, Dad. She's going to have my baby. I thought you'd be happy for us!"

"Don't you think you've got it backwards, Son? Get married first, then, get pregnant?!"

"Dad, it doesn't make any difference!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE! IN GOD'S EYES IT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE! BE YE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY, HE SAID! YOU STOPPED BELIEVING, HAL! AND YOU CAN'T MAKE IT WITHOUT GOD!

LORD HAVE MERCY! YOU'RE BARELY OUT OF BED WITH ONE WOMAN AND YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER ONE PREGNANT! JESUS!!"

"DAD! ZENOBIA CAN HEAR YOU!"

"Zenobia doesn't have to hear me. She has eyes. She can see. That's probably why she let you knock her up so fast.


"DAD!!"

"SON, YOU NEED TO SLOW DOWN...AND..."

Hal's father took his voice down to a strained whisper.

"...and think about what you're doing to yourself and these women. Yes, Zenobia is a good woman, but, you didn't treat her like she is a good woman. And, what about Rachel? Have you considered her feelings? Does she know you and Zenobia are pregnant and you're going to get married?"

"Why should she have to know? She made her choice, she has someone else."

"Son, I just want you to be sure. You didn't end it right with Rachel. Zenobia deserves the best and so does Rachel. You can't just throw people away son because you're hurt and pick up with somebody new.

Just using women's bodies and not thinking about the consequences, that's not being a man or a godly man. And, if you don't know how to be a man and treat a woman, how in the world are you going to be a father and teach your child? You can ruin that child's life, too.

Don't let your pain and anger cause you to make mistakes and ruin relationships. Everybody has feelings, even me. So, maybe it's time that I move out of your house."


"Wait, wait...I need you, Dad.

"NO, son, you don't need me. You need JESUS! You need a relationship with your Heavenly Father."

"Okay, Dad, you're right. I realize I'm being hotheaded and disrespectful and I didn't treat Zenobia or Rachel like they deserved to be treated. It's just moving into this house, the businesses. Now, Zenobia being pregnant and having to think about getting married and being a husband and a father and worrying about everybody having what they need and being happy. I feel like I'm losing it sometimes."

"That's why you lean and depend on God, son!"

"You're right, Dad. Okay...I'll get you the money you need. No questions asked. I'm sorry, but, you worried us. You were sick before you left here and I don't want you out there getting sicker or...or...

You're all I've got Dad. It would be like losing grandpa all over again. I have Zenobia and the baby now, but, it wouldn't be the same without you to enjoy it, too.

Please, Dad, I want you to stay, but, promise me that you'll at least let us know when you're going out and take somebody who is able to help you and protect you."

"Okay, son. I apologize for my reckless behavior. Do I get the million dollars, now?"

"Are you sure you need a million?"

"Well, I can start out with five hundred and ten grand."

"Okay, Dad. You've got it, five hundred and ten grand. It will be in your bank account by tomorrow."

"And, I owe you a butt whoopin' for yelling at me and being disrespectful. You can be thankful that I'm just too tired right now. I need to lie down for a while. Be ready when I get up."

David Siegfried sat down on the bed, wiping the sweat from his brow. Hal bent down and gave his father a hug, resting his forehead on his father's soft and curly, gray hair. Giving his father's head a kiss, he smiled, then, looking down at his father he said,

"Okay, Dad. I will. You rest now. I'll be ready for my punishment."

Hal left his father's room and closed the door. He took a deep breath, not wanting to face the next battle with Zenobia. Reluctantly, he set out to ask forgiveness from the woman who would become his future wife, and the mother of his child.

David Siegfried, laid down on the bed, smiling. He was happy for Hal and Zenobia, but, he was happy for himself, too.

He made a decision to stop fighting the doctor and everybody else and strive to live a longer and healthier life. He told himself that he needed to stay alive for his grandson and granddaughter who would need a role model who had some type of sanity and wisdom, since his son had clearly lost his mind, thinking he could argue with him, and even had the nerve to yell and fuss.

He began to think about all of the things he was going to buy for Zenobia's baby and Rachel's baby. First, he had to make sure Rachel and his grandson would be financially secure. He didn't want her to have to depend on Derek Graves to provide for his grandchild. He thought about the bank accounts that he would have opened up for them: a checking and savings account for Rachel and a trust fund for his grandson. Thinking ahead to the future, he intended for his grandson to go to any college of his choice. As the grandfather to Rachel's baby, he would make sure that the money was there for whenever they needed anything, or, if she wanted to get away from Derek Graves.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YCCM YOU CAN'T CHANGE ME: Unraveling the Lie Part 4 DETAILS NOTHING COMES FROM NOTHING

AN EXPECTED END

PRAYER AND PROCLAMATION