(AYEP31PT2) I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME: AUNTIE YONNY EPISODE 31 THE AGREEMENTS Part 2





I HAVE AN ETERNITY AHEAD OF ME

(Intermittent Waves Recorded From The Transformed Heart Of A Woman) 

AUNTIE YONNY EPISODE 31 

THE AGREEMENTS Part 2


David Siegfried and Rachel met at Bridge Way Park, on the east side of town, near the river. It wasn't too far from Graves Tower, but, quite a distance from Hal's house. When David Siegfried arrived, he noticed Rachel twisting a ring on her finger and decided to ask her about it.

"Hello, Rachel. Thank you for coming. That's a beautiful ring you're wearing."

Rachel put her head down.

"Thank you."

"Have you had it long?"

"No. I just got it today."

Trying to smile, she looked up at him and said,

"I decided to accept someone's proposal."

David Siegfried sat down next to Rachel on the park bench.

"Well, I guess congratulations are in order."

"Thank you."

"Rachel, I'm so sorry about what happened this morning..."

"You don't have to apologize for your son, Mr. Siegfried."

"Yes, I do. I thought I had taught him to be a better man, but, with this new life he's living, he's confused."

"I don't blame him, Mr. Siegfried. It's no one's fault. It just wasn't meant to be. I know God will work things out for the best, if I trust Him."

David Siegfried hugged Rachel and kissed her forehead.

"I can see that you are a good woman of faith and I know you wouldn't be in this predicament if you didn't really love my son. That's why you need to really think about what you're doing. You're hurt now, especially after what you saw back at the house."

"I thought I loved your son, but, I guess I really didn't."

David shook his head and put it down, covering his eyes with his hand. He then, took out a hanky and wiped the tears from his eyes.

"I'm an old, sick man, now. I prayed that I would live to see my son married and to see my grandchildren, but, not like this."

Rachel turned her head and started sobbing.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Siegfried."

"Honey, I'm not blaming you for anything. The Lord's Will will be done. We all have to face the consequences of our behavior and mine definitely hasn't been perfect.

No, what I was referring to was seeing you suffer heartbreak and having to run into the arms of another man. Is he a good man? Can he provide for you and the baby?"

Rachel rolled her lips in tightly, squeezing her eyes shut holding in the pain. She nodded her head yes. Derek was good to her and he definitely could provide for them.

"Do you care for him and is he good to you?"

Again, Rachel nodded her head yes.

"Well, whatever you decide to do, you have my blessings, but, I want to be able to see my grandchild, even if I have to move out on my own. Okay?"

Rachel tried to manage a smile, nodded her head yes and hugged Mr. Siegfried.

"Now, let's go get you something to eat and feed my grandson."

Rachel laughed, "How do you know it's a boy?"

"Because I said so. That's something you're going to have to learn about me. I asked God to make my first grandchild a boy and the second one a girl. You see, me and God have this special relationship. Before Hal was born, I asked him the same thing. Make the first one a boy and the next one a girl."

"Are you a male chauvinist, Mr. Siegfried?"

"Male chauvinist? Chauvinist? Oh no! I don't "chau" anything. I'm not like that. I highly respect and admire women and I'd love to have a little girl. I wanted one, but Hal's mother couldn't have any more children, but, a girl would have been wonderful. I always wanted a sister, but, my mother was killed during the second civil war.

Now, you can have a girl, but, I warn you that I'll take her and spoil her and never give her back to you, so you better have a boy first. I'll spoil him a little bit, but, also, toughen him up and teach him how to be a man. Then have him whoop Hal up for you and teach him a lesson."

As bad as Rachel felt, she couldn't keep from laughing at Hal's father. She hugged him tightly and kissed him on the cheek. They found a little café nearby and sat at a table outside. Rachel took Mr. Siegfried's hand.

"Thank you for coming to see me and accepting me and the baby."

David started to speak, but, Rachel put her hand to his mouth.

"No, you didn't have to come. A lot of people wouldn't have. I'm not saying that I expected you to be prejudice, or not to like me, but, you didn't criticize me or judge me. You've shown me that you not only care about the baby inside of me, that's your blood, but, you care about what happens to me as well. And...I thank you. I'll make sure that you're a big part of your grandchild's life, but, please, promise me one thing. Don't tell Hal about the baby, yet. I will when I'm ready."

"He needs to know NOW, Rachel, so he can help you in your pregnancy!"

"I'm a big girl, with a good job and I can take care of myself."

"You young, independent women! That's not all that's to it, Rachel. There are other things a woman needs during pregnancy besides money and material things: safety and security; love and companionship; understanding and empathy; peace and rest; joy and happiness; encouragement; pampering..."

"Mr. Siegfried! Forgive me, but, Hal can't give me those things! He has someone else now!...and...so do I. I'll have to get those things from Derek."

"DEREK?! DEREK WHO?!"

"Derek Graves..."

David Siegfried stood up and started pacing around.

"I know you don't like him and you're protesting against him, but, He just proposed to me this morning when I went to see him, after I left your house."

"Listen, Rachel, you need to talk to Hal real soon. There are things you don't know about Derek Graves."

"Derek has been good to me. I was a wreck and Derek and I have been seeing one another since Hal and I broke up and...

Are you alright Mr. Siegfried? Should I call somebody?"

David reached into his shirt pocket and took another nitroglycerin tablet. The chauffeur who had been parked nearby had been keeping an eye out for any signs of trouble. He knew that Hal's father wasn't supposed to leave the house without a bodyguard and a nursing assistant, but, he would break the rules from time to time. The chauffeur was determined not to have him die on his watch. He got out of the car and got the wheelchair out of the trunk, scooped him up in the chair and put him in the limousine.

Rachel watched, worried and dismayed.

"I'll call to check on you Mr. Siegfried. I'm sorry. Please get better. Goodbye!"

David nodded his head and allowed himself to be handled and scolded by the chauffeur. He made the chauffeur promise not to tell Hal who he had met with.

When they arrived home, they were met in the driveway by Hal, Zenobia, and his nursing assistant, all of them looking extremely worried and concerned. Everyone helped in getting him out of the car and into the house.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YCCM YOU CAN'T CHANGE ME: Unraveling the Lie Part 4 DETAILS NOTHING COMES FROM NOTHING

AN EXPECTED END

PRAYER AND PROCLAMATION